Saturday, May 25, 2013
How To Stop Falling In Love
Do you find yourself repeatedly falling for the same person or easily falling for the next potential lover that crosses your path? Love is a difficult thing to control, and it can conflict with other parts of your life such as your career, your financial stability, or your family. Putting a stop to falling in love can be different for everyone, but there are steps that can be taken by anyone to avoid this.
With a Particular Person
1. Avoid flirting. Flirting reinforces the fact that you like them and will prevent you from seeing them as a potential lover.
2. Start calling them a friend. Out loud, without hesitation and to as many people as you can speak to. This will train you to remember that that is how you think of them.
3. Discover why you keep falling in love with them.
What do they do or say that gets you every time? Once you know, you can protect yourself emotionally or take other measures to avoid being affected.
Do you need more people in your life? Are you lonely? Sometimes maybe all is is that you need more friends to fill your life with and have been looking to one person to fill that void.
4. Avoid hanging out with them by yourself. If you are trying to avoid romantic feelings, then you should avoid scenarios with potential romance.
5. Distance yourself from that person. Don't hang out with them as much and limit your communication with them. If your situation forces you to interact with them, keep actions and conversations professional.
6. Find reasons you won't love them. Are they too clingy? Do they treat your friends poorly? Are they too secretive?
7. Keep them out of your head. This may sound silly, but if they dominate your daydreams, you've fallen for them. Try to do some extracurricular activity that keeps your mind busy. Sports or other clubs will help. Develop a passionate hobby, and pretty soon, that will be your only passion.
1. Prioritize. Make a list of the things you value most in your life. If a 'significant other', or other similar moniker, is high on the list, move it farther down. Throw yourself passionately at the other things on the list. The less time you think about having someone by your side, the better.
2. Develop a hobby. Simply be busy. Join a club, or start one. The less time you have in your schedule, the less likely you can make time for a single person.
3. Stay in large groups. Unless you are alone, try to be with a large group of friends or family. It is easier to fall in love when you are singled out with one other person.
4. Don't let any one person take the number one spot in your life. Love yourself more than anyone else if you need to. Spoil yourself every once in while. Take your best friend out or take your younger nieces and nephews to an amusement park.
.Remember who you are and know what you want.
.Learn to shut yourself off. Don't put yourself in a shell. or block everything out, but lock your heart off. Without that raw feeling, the emotion itself, the feelings cannot grow.
.Talk it out with a trusted friend.
.Limit your contact with the person.
.Talk to someone you feel safe and comfortable with. Ask for suggestions and help.
.Spend time with people of a different gender who you don't see in a romantic way.
.Delete all the photographs you have of him/her.
.Delete his/her number from your phone